An Ocean Of Stars
Tract #24 in the Truth For Science-Fiction Followers series
Version 1d, Dec. 1, 2005. Copyright 2005 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr.
Copyright 2005 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. All publication rights and mass-reproduction rights are reserved to the author, but internet users are given permission to duplicate this digital file and distribute it without alteration to friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers, and acquaintances. Distribution is encouraged, and the file may even be printed out on paper for paper copies, but the text must remain unaltered and the total number of printed copies for each individual tract should not exceed 10,000 unless you have gotten permission in writing from Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. or a surviving member of his family. You may contact Ken Street (RKSJ) by e-mail using the web-mail addresses that follow: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. Many more free teaching tracts by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. will be found at the internet sites WorldwideChristianTracts.net, OnlineChristianTracts.org, and Christian-Tracts.net. This note must be retained on all duplicate copies that you may make.
Human beings look up at the blackness of space, and they often wonder what they should make of this strange Universe in which they find themselves. They see the Earth and the stars of the night sky, and they think that perhaps those starry lights have been placed above them as new territory that they must someday seek to conquer.
For countless centuries, the people of our Earth have labored under a misconception of that sort. But there is another way to perceive the starry Universe which surrounds us, a perspective that will give you a much better gestalt.
God wants you to have a good understanding of our Universe, so that you see the overall picture and are able to comprehend your own place in that picture. He wants you to have a Godlike Overview of our Universe as you behold its various manifestations.
It is certainly not correct to think of our Universe as a black void, or as an ocean of darkness, that must be traversed by human beings. Nor is it a Great Emptiness that is sporadically lit by little candles of light. Nor is it a vast territory that must be conquered by humanity.
It is far more accurate to conceive our Universe as an Ocean of Lights.
God has said in His Book that the angels of God are “the stars of Heaven.” He has told us in His Book that His Son Jesus Christ is “the light of the world.” He has told us that His followers are able to reflect the light of Christ and be likewise “a light for the world.”
Our Universe may be best understood as an ocean of angels and spirits. The righteous angels who remained loyal to their Creator are the bright angels— the bright stars of our Universe. Where they reside, there is a region of illumination. The unrighteous angels who fell from grace with Lucifer are the dark angels— the dark stars of our Universe. Where they reside, there is a region of darkness and despair.
The dark angel is like a “black hole” in our Universe: This dark star has extinguished all light in its vicinity, and it seeks to swallow any light-waves that come its way. Everything that falls under its sway is sucked into it, and it stays busy consuming and destroying all things that come within range of its influence. It is a mistake to go near those dark areas, for these dark stars would like to pull you down to Hell, in order that you might share their own sorry state.
The bright angels are like the white stars, blue-white stars, yellow stars, and red stars of our Universe: Each bright star can provide light, warmth, and nourishment for a solar system that is composed of many worlds and millions of individuals. A righteous angel can thus be of enormous help to a great many people, as well as to the God he serves.
But none of these bright angels can have an impact nearly so great as the beneficial influence of God’s Son the Christ, whose brilliant light can bring far more healing and nourishment than could ever be found in one of the bright angels. The influence of the Light of Christ is vastly more beneficial than that of any other agent in God’s starry Universe.
Human beings have spirits that can provide additional light for the shadowy areas of our Universe, where the dark angels have done their damage. An unsaved human being is able to generate almost no light at all, so he is rather like a dead star.
But when that human being has been converted by the redemption of the Christ, he becomes instead like a tiny newborn sun, with the fire of God’s Holy Spirit imbedded within him. Embodied in a biological shell is the fire of God’s Spirit, blazing deep within. The light and warmth that issues from his spirit-star, this inner sun which he carries everywhere he goes, can nourish innumerable people on the surface of the Earth.
He or she then becomes an agent of God, a miniature star living in a human form which walks the Earth— reflecting the Light of God in a fashion similar to God’s angels and God’s Son the Christ. At first his faith will be quite strong, as a general rule, and the converted person will put out quite a bit of light. Later on, as the years go by, he sometimes gets worn-out by the struggles and cares of life; but even then, he will manage to put out a little extra light for the world.
If we were to continue our comparison with the stars of the night sky, one might say that the unregenerated man is, at the best evaluation, a bit like a miniature of a white-dwarf star— his spirit is a near-dead sun, a dying star that does not put out much light or heat.
Through the salvation of Jesus Christ, the Child of Darkness will see his spirit suddenly burst aflame with the fire of God. In his soul there will be kindled a new flame, which can eventually transform him into a miniature sun for God, like a small reflection of the Sun of Righteousness. If he seeks to truly follow his savior, and if he adheres to the teachings of Jesus Christ. . . then he will generate a genuine light and warmth that will be recognized by many persons, and he will become a miniature reflection of the Sun of Righteousness.
Do not conceive of our Universe as a place of great darkness and despair. You must avoid that route, as you are able to do so! By such a negative perception of our Universe, you will find yourself experiencing only grief and unhappiness.
Do not think of our Universe as an Ocean of Darkness, in which you are riding upon the tiny raft which is the Earth. It is far better to think of our Universe as an Ocean of Spirit, a great sea of angels and souls.
The angels and spirits of our Universe need the Light in order to flourish, if they are to thrive and prosper. They must receive that Light from God, and then channel it outward to the others around them.
In the region of the dark stars are the demonic forces, so you must stay far away from these “black holes” which exist in our Universe. The demons need no more companions for their horrid hells, so we humans should not permit them to gain that sick pleasure which they would find in our despair.
God’s Universe is not a Great Void, nor a Vast Realm of Darkness. Our God is a God of Light, and He is everywhere, omnipresent, existing in all parts of our Universe at all times.
God is Light, and He is everywhere in our Universe. His energy-waves, the energy-waves of the God of Life, exist in all parts of our Universe, even in the dark spaces between the galaxies.
You’ve heard the evolutionary explanation of Universal development for a great many years, with all of its elaborate details... ever since you were a child. You’ve surely encountered its advocates in every arena of the academic world and in every arena of everyday life. Its proponents are everywhere, and they have already proselytized much of the Earth. You are doubtless thoroughly accustomed to that way of thinking.
But what is the Biblical scheme of Earth's history and direction...? It’s the alternative explanation that God has given us in His Holy Scriptures.
A lot of people on our planet, even some Christian theologians, have tried to make the Bible compatible with their own evolutionary beliefs. But can that really be done? Such people reduce Biblical history to insignificance beside the enormity of their faith in the grand Theory of Evolution.
The Bible paints a very different picture concerning the history and future destiny of the Earth, and it is quite at odds with the beliefs of those who have faith in Evolution.
In the Holy Bible, God offers you a different and superior view of Earth’s development and its future fate. From the Holy Scriptures of the Bible we learn that Jesus Christ makes known to us the great secrets of the Universe— secrets not revealed on Earth from the time of Creation until the time of His arrival on our planet.
Here’s the Truth about the Universe, its progress, and God’s ultimate goal for the human race... the establishment of a paradise that God plans for the people of the Earth...
What is the Biblical scheme of Earth’s history and direction?
It’s a long-range plan by which God will transform and re-populate the planet Earth...
It's a vision of vast scope and mind-boggling predictions...
God's developmental plan for our Universe is an astounding program of transformations ...!
Here are 20 stages of ascent that should lead you to a genuine comprehension of your purpose and destiny in the Universe. These will help you to reach a higher level of consciousness, a lofty place where you will better understand of the history of the Earth and God’s goal for humanity...
1. A theme of WARFARE runs through the many books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. We see evidence of angelic warfare, of historic military warfare between God's chosen people and the ungodly nations.
There are predictions of further warfare between the elect of Christ and the anti- Christian forces, and of a final great battle of Armageddon.
SPIRITUAL WARFARE devastates this planet until Christ's Kingdom comes !
2. A theme of APOCALYPTIC DESTRUCTION and RE-CREATION runs through the books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. We see this in the Genesis record of Noah and the Great Flood, and in the predictions of the Old Testament prophets.
Jesus himself speaks of this in great detail as he is quoted in Mat. 24, Luke 17:24-37, and other places in the gospels. There are many such references in the epistles, and the final book, John's Revelation of Jesus Christ, is devoted almost exclusively to this subject.
3. A theme of the SURVIVAL OF A REMNANT who are loyal to God runs through the many books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation.
4. Rather than the Darwinian concept of "natural selection" and "survival of the fittest" (meaning the strongest) in a scheme of evolution, God's system of development is quite different!
God's plan is that there will be "DIVINE ELECTION" of all those who have chosen to accept His system of grace and mercy through Jesus Christ, and His plan calls for a "SURVIVAL OF THE LOYAL" instead.
5. In this scheme which God Himself has formulated, it is not the STRONGEST who survive, but rather the SUBMISSIVE!
(In this regard, it is certainly true that God can make the weak person become strong. But a person who is too strong and egotistical God may choose to crush, in order that he— or she— will be humbled and will become submissive to the will of God!)
6. God is continuously harvesting the Earth as His ever-progressing plan of DIVINE SELECTION goes forward, through a wise and millennia-long program of evaluation— through interminable testing of people and a very lengthy developmental process of SELECTING and REJECTING.
7. Thus, a theme of DIVINE SELECTION through a LONG-RANGE, millennia-spanning DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM becomes evident.
8. This calls for a MAJOR SHIFT IN THE WORLD-VIEW that is held by any individual.
It truly requires a COPERNICAN REVOLUTION IN THE MIND-SET of a human being.
9. You must comprehend with an entirely new way of looking at the Universe— for to be among the redeemed, to be among the survivors who are granted eternal life with God, you must place JESUS CHRIST AT THE CENTER OF YOUR UNIVERSE, in the very place where once YOUR OWN EGO had ruled supreme!
You need to put the Sun of Heaven inside your heart! Once He is there, He will illuminate your mind and all areas of the Universe with the bright Light of His Presence. His Light will be radiant in your face, in your life, and your actions. Just as Moses’ face was radiant after he was in the presence of God, the follower of Jesus reflects the brilliant Light of the Lord Christ! His Holy Spirit will be inside you forevermore, making you aware of His Lordship and His Truth... giving you eternal access to His Divine Wisdom.
10. To be among the rescued, you must be a part of the Chosen Remnant of humanity that God will save from the Old Earth. A person must first become a believer of God, one who believes all God's words (His open communication to the human race), as revealed through Holy Scriptures and through God's only true Son, Jesus Christ.
God will show us mercy and forgiveness of our sins only when we come to Him through the sacrificial death of His one true Son, Jesus. God has made provision for grace (leniency and forgiveness), but He offers it to us only via the substituted sacrifice of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
11. Jesus has willingly agreed, already, to receive all your preordained punishment, in order that you may be spared from the Judgment fate— a destination in Hell. That punishment is what a person's sinfulness will otherwise deserve. . . and it will be found inescapable. . . at the great Judgment Day of God, when God will ultimately evaluate and judge the deeds of all souls.
12. Any soul can be spared on the basis of God's own painful sacrifice, by a belief in the salvation God offers through His chosen Messiah, His only-begotten Son Jesus Christ.
Those souls that are spared will be the ones that have opened the door of the heart and have allowed Jesus Christ to come inside. Through His Holy Spirit, He can take up residence inside you as the New Center of the Universe. . . as a brilliant light at the center of the spiritual "solar system." After that, everything in the Universe will revolve around God in an orderly and logical fashion. The progress of the Universe, and of God’s Plan for it, will from that time forward seem logical and orderly to your mind.
13. Are you still living as the only focal point of an Earth-centered universe? It’s time for you to stop making this Earth the center of it all!
Could a Christ-in Revolution change your mind-set. . . and establish instead the reality of a God-centered Universe?
You can move away from humanism if you so desire, move on to a higher level where you worship the True God, the Creator of our Universe. Do you really believe that Man is the center of all things... the measure of all things? God is the One Who will ultimately measure and evaluate the deeds of every human being!
You need to put the Sun of Heaven inside your heart. Jesus Christ is “the Sun of Righteousness,” and through His Holy Spirit, He can put some of His righteousness inside you. More importantly, God credits the follower of Jesus Christ with the Holiness and Righteousness of His Son. You need to place Him on the throne of your heart, declaring Him to be “the Sun King” of your life!
14. The brilliant light of Jesus Christ can give you an "internal guidance system" for your heart. . . and this will provide orderly direction for the "planetary system" of your personal worldview.
When you put Jesus on a throne in your heart, He provides a warm "sun" for that great void in your internal universe, and it will then burn continuously to dispel all the darkness/ coldness that would exist there without His presence. After that, you will have a logical "solar system" for all the interactive elements of your life.
15. Those souls who are not to be spared on this basis (those who have rejected God's words, His truth, His light, and His sacrifice) will suffer eternal separation from God. They will be cast instead into what Jesus calls “the Outer Darkness.” They will be forced to endure an eternal separation from God and God's final achievement— the recreated Paradise that will then be revealed as His ultimate objective.
This will be a NEW EARTH produced by God for all those persons whom He has rescued (or harvested) from the present world. God will populate it with those He has chosen through His millennia-long DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM of DIVINE SELECTION.
16. This is God's final goal— His objective is to produce an entirely different world, a new and totally restructured world that will be vastly superior to this present world of distress and disorder, of countless evils and sin-produced chaos.
It is certain that the NEW EARTH will be immensely more pleasant than this present one, which will eventually be rejected and replaced!
17. You gain an Eternal Life with God when you put the Sun of Heaven in your heart. You can do this by placing Jesus Christ, Who in the Trinity of God created our Universe, upon a throne at the center of your heart! He deserves that position and that kind of respect. He was first God The Son, but when born in human flesh He became the only sinless and righteous person who ever lived. Yet He sacrificed Himself on a cross for your sake, taking all guilt and sins upon Himself— for you and for me, for all people everywhere— so that whoever wishes for salvation might be rescued from the due punishment of sins.
18. If you will do this, you will gain a new contentment and peace as you accept God's organizational plan for the Universe. . . because you'll be letting God be the Ruler of All Things in this world. . . and in your own life.
The Sun of Heaven will then reign in your life as the supreme Power that governs all things. The Bible calls Jesus Christ both “the Sun of Heaven” and “the Sun of Righteousness.” When you place Christ in your heart, He will lead you to a new life of righteousness. The Holy Spirit will start to rebuild you in the image of God, making you more like Jesus. You’ll become a brother (or sister) to Jesus Christ!
19. All it really takes is a simple but sincere little prayer— one that you should make up in your own words. The prayer for deliverance and for God's leadership should come from your own heart!
Some important elements that you might include are:
1) your desire to turn away from the wrongness or evil of your past life, and your remorse over the sins of your previous life,
2) your desire for God's forgiveness and mercy through the act of sacrifice of His Only Begotten Son (Jesus Christ),
3) your desire to know God's leadership in your life,
4) your desire to learn more of God's truth through Bible study,
5) your desire to find fellowship with genuine believers.
After accepting forgiveness through Jesus Christ, you must sincerely seek to turn away from evil, to the best of your ability; and you must further seek to gain knowledge of God's will through a diligent study of the Holy Scriptures of the Bible. Also, you must not neglect to maintain a fellowship and communication with God through the device of daily prayer.
20. This Sunday, don’t just worship the sun, like the followers of Baal, the Roman polytheists, and the pagans. You shouldn’t worship nature like the pantheists and the animists. The supernatural does exist, because God’s Spirit is above and behind the natural world... and superior to it. So don’t worship the sun and the stars like the naturalistic science advocates, the humanists, the evolutionists, and many of our modern-day science-fiction fans!
Don’t go out to worship the sun and stars this Sunday. Instead, go out to a good Bible-believing church and worship the Holy One Who is the Sun of Heaven— Jesus Christ, Who is both the Son of God and God The Son. Jesus Christ is the Sun of Heaven, and He is the Light of the World!
When you accept Jesus into your heart, His Light will transform your own mind and heart. Your purpose and goals will be changed, because you’ll want other people to learn about the good news of Jesus Christ’s resurrection. You’ll want to share the light, and you’ll want to worship the Sun of Heaven in a house of God!
This Sunday, bless the Father in Heaven by honoring His Son, of Whom He is very proud.
Jesus said of the people of God that "The kingdom of heaven is like a net that God has cast into the sea, and it gathers of every kind: When it is full, it will be pulled up on the shore, where they will sit down to sort the catch, and they will collect the good fish in baskets, but the bad things will be thrown away. This is the way it will be at the end of the world: The angels shall come forth, and they will separate the unrighteous persons from among those justified by God. . ."
Excerpt from the Book of Matthew, who was a constant
companion of Jesus and his devoted disciple [13:47-50].
Jesus spoke of the people of God as being like a seed that is growing secretly, saying, "As for the kingdom of God, it is as if a person should cast seed into the ground; and then he sleeps, and he rises up night and day to see that the seed is springing forth and always growing up, although he knows not exactly how. The Earth is bringing forth fruit from itself; first the blade, then the ears of corn, and after that the fullness of the ears of corn. And when all the fruit of the Earth has come forth, immediately God will use the sickle to reap the fields, because the harvest-time has come."
Excerpt from the book of Mark [4:26-29].
It's also important for all of us to remember this:
1) WE SPEAK TO GOD by our prayers.
2) GOD SPEAKS TO US by the words of Holy Scripture.
So we must try to read His words and His Book just as often as we possibly can!!
God wants to bless you for all your long efforts to understand this very confusing and difficult Universe in which we live so let Him reward your search with the grace of His forgiveness and enlightenment!
THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN FOR YOU BY. . .
Ken Street, a baptized follower of the Way.
Copyright 2005 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr.
This is one of more than 50 Street Tracts available at Christian-Tracts.net, WorldwideChristianTracts.net and OnlineChristianTracts.org...!
Visit these sites for free e-tracts, printing patterns & more good stuff !
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com